Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reebok Zig Energy Falls Apart

In my quest to find a great shoe for officiating basketball I decided to try the Reebok Zig Energy.  Prior to the start of my 2011-2012 season I had heard from a fellow official that the shoe is comfortable.  The shoe also comes in patent leather look which makes for a better looking uniform.

Unfortunately, the Zig Energy didn't last me for more than two games.  A seam along the outer portion of the right foot shoe began to tear.  The right side of the shoe was falling apart and could no longer be used for officiating.  The shoe is comfortable, but for an individual as large as myself the shoe does not appear to be built to withstand sudden changes in direction.

For the time being I'm using a low-top version of the Nike Zoom Hyperfuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment